Dwarts, a magazine of African and Mainstream Literature calls for your submissions. They are committed to publishing fresh, never before heard voices. They are looking for pieces that are unique, compelling and poignant that touch on great themes that tear and make up the human being. Riveting pieces that challenge barriers and break stereotypes. They are currently accepting submissions under the following categories:
POETRY: Dwarts accepts not more than two poems from a single poet for this issue. Each poem must not be longer than 40 lines. If more than one, the poems must be contained in a single document.
FICTION: Submissions in this category must not exceed 2,500 words long. Every submission must be compelling and engaging.
NON-FICTION: Submissions in this category should be creative and, at the same time, informative. Each submission must not be more than 2,000 words.
ART & PHOTOGRAPHY: Dwarts accepts a minimum of two and a maximum of four artworks or creative photographs that clearly depict the theme. Submissions in this category must be made as PDF files or JPEG.
HOW TO SUBMIT YOUR WORK:
- Send your works to firstname.lastname@example.org
- All submissions must not have been previously published anywhere else.
- Every submission must be accompanied by the writer’s/artist’s/photographer’s short bio and a picture. This should be in the same document as the piece.
- Please write the category you are submitting to in the Subject line of the email.
Publication timetable is as follows:
- Issue #6 Reading- April 1 – June 1, 2018
- Issue #7 Reading –September 1- November 1, 2018
- Issue #8 Reading –January 1- March 1, 2019