In their call for submissions, climate Wednesday calls on all youth activists in Africa to lend their voices to and visually participate in the foremost “United Nations Environment Assembly” (UNEA3) conference focused on the campaign #BeatPollution. Participants will contest through representing solutions to WASH Pollution in their communities. This contest will be hosted in the historical city of Nairobi, Kenya, from 4th -6th December 2017.
The winner of this contest will have his/her work showcased at the United Nations Environment Assembly in Kenya to gain exposure on a global environmentally conscious platform, be part of Climate Wednesday Volunteer Hangout in December and Recognized by the Ministry of Water and Environment.
Please note; Application deadline is 26th November 2017.
- You have to own and have rights to the image, poem, article that you submit. Do note that by submitting an image, poem or article you give Climate Wednesday the right to share your image on social media, display hardcopies at #UNEA3 and also on Climate Wednesday website contest gallery.
- Images should be submitted in JPEG or TIFF in high resolution.
- Poems should also be submitted directly to the email address provided and should not be more than a page. Articles should also be a page.
- Captions should clearly explain WASH and Pollution solutions in your submission. Remember to also include the neighborhood, the city, country of your submission.
- You must be between 18-35 to qualify as a participant. Participants from all over Africa are encouraged.
- Participants are allowed one entry into the contest.
- 3 winners will be selected from each category and displayed at #UNEA3 and on social media. Winners will be messaged privately before Climate Wednesday makes a formal announcement.
- This contest is void where prohibited or restricted by law. Climate Wednesday takes no responsibility for infringement of 3rd party rights. The submitter of the image, poem, and article will incur any and all penalties associated with infringing on a 3rd Party’s rights to the photo.
- Entrants may not submit applications containing nudity, personal attacks, and expletives. Climate Wednesday reserves the right to cancel or modify the contest at its discretion. Decisions of Climate Wednesday are final and binding. All entries will be judged based on composition, technical excellence, originality, responsiveness to the theme, and overall impact.
All submission and description should be sent to email@example.com or tweet @ClimateWed using the hashtag #WASHPollution.