Welcome To The Book Tour of Sweet Crude Odyssey By Lawrence Amaeshi

Welcome to the online book tour of Sweet Crude Odyssey ! Lawrence Amaeshi’s book is one that is not just thrilling but enlightening. It is one of those books you cannot put down once you pick it up. The after effects of this enthralling book is nothing short of amazing. You just keep replaying the scenes in your mind. We are literally gushing about this book at Creative writing News.

Having said all of these, you do not want to miss this book tour. Listen to the audio excerpt, read the worded excerpt below, ask Lawrence Amaeshi questions about the book in the comment section and you stand a chance to win a copy of this wonderful book. He is available to respond to all your questions.

Don’t miss out. Tell a friend to tell a friend to tell another friend to join this book tour now. The book tour doesn’t end here neither does it end today. To increase your chances of winning, head on to lolaopatayo.com tomorrow for another exciting book tour.

This book tour is also an opportunity for budding writers to draw from the well of wisdom of this great writer. Seek some sage advice and gain first hand information on how to improve your craft (just saying).

Enjoy the book tour!

Click to listen to an audio excerpt from Sweet Crude Odyssey

I hope you enjoyed the audio recording and the excerpt. If you haven’t already read an excerpt, Click HERE to read.

Praise and Blurbs The Novel Has Received

“Never in the history of African literature has any extensive and believable work of fiction been put forward on militancy and war in the Niger Delta as is shown in Sweet Crude Odyssey.”

– Obinna Udenwe (Award-winning author of Holy Sex and Satans and Shaitans)

“Sweet Crude Odyssey is the  most influential Niger Delta novel today.”

– Chioma Iwunze-Ibiam (Blogger and author of Finding Love Again)

“I am thankful for the existence of this novel.”

– Olivia Ndubuisi (OAP and Founder of Open Book Nigeria)

Book Description/ Synopsis

15 September 2004. Bonny Island, Nigeria “Been watching you.” He let the smoke out of his mouth as he spoke. “Judging from the way you guzzled those bottles, I can tell you need a life coach. “I can make you rich. Richer than you’ve ever imagined.” In the international market, they call it sweet crude – crude oil with low sulfur content. It flows in the oil rich Niger Delta region and is targeted by oil thieves, who siphon it from the pipelines and sell to the highest bidder. Crude oil black market is staked with blood and immense wealth, encircling rich barons in international cities and savage militants down at the Niger Delta creeks.
This is the world Bruce Telema is lured into. Spurred by desperation and pulled by the allure of immense riches, Bruce plunges into this dark abyss of betrayal and destruction, striking illicit million dollar deals and battling security forces and rival militants. But steadily, even as he outruns poverty and gains a fearsome reputation in the oil cabal, death, karma and the law stay close on his heels.

About The Author

Lawrence Amaeshi writes prose fiction and non-fiction. His first novel, Sweet Crude Odyssey, was
published under the Prestige label of Kachifo Ltd. His book has been featured on Vanguard, Kirkus,
Clarion, Creative Writing News, Reader’s View amongst other renowned literary review critics. He is
rounding off a long-distance learning novel-writing course in Stanford University. He lives in Lagos with his wife and kids. He is working on his second novel.

Don’t Forget To Purchase A Copy Of This Amazing novel.

Sweet Crude Odyssey by Lawrence Amaeshi is now available on Barnes&Noble, Amazon and Okadabooks.
A review of the novel was recently published in the Arts and Culture section of BellaNaija Review and the Vanguard Newspaper

Leave your comments and questions in the comments section. The author will be here to answer you.

Thank you.

Miriam David

Miriam is a creative writer, short story blogger, editor and contributor on creativewritingnews.net . She is an alumnus of the great University of Benin, a philosopher and an aspiring author of best sellers to come. When she is not writing, she is either working, keeping up with social media trends,reading novels, listening to good music, seeing movies or dreaming up stories.

11 thoughts on “Welcome To The Book Tour of Sweet Crude Odyssey By Lawrence Amaeshi

• Aug 2, 2017 at 8:48 am

Welcome to the online book tour Lawrence Amaeshi. I thoroughly enjoyed reading your novel. In fact, you just set a high bar for any other novelist who would want to write about the Niger Delta. What advice can you give anyone who’d like to write about the Niger Delta oil war?

• Aug 2, 2017 at 3:07 pm

Thanks Chioma. The Niger Delta is what has held this country together for a long time. My anyone who wants to write about this land is— be real.

• Aug 2, 2017 at 9:35 am

Hello Lawrence, haven’t read your book but from previous conversations I’m pretty sure it’ll make a good read.

Wanted to ask, what are the challenges one would face while trying to publish their book. Because these days a lot of young writers do more of ebooks than print

• Aug 2, 2017 at 10:20 am

Hello Justin. I think the field is more receptive now. Writers have the option of self publishing. This gives you the space to push your idea at your own tempo.
      The greatest challenge I see in writing is producing a narrative that gets the attention of the “willing to buy readers.”
      Those who are ready to encourage your effort.

• Aug 2, 2017 at 9:57 am

I haven’t read the full length copy of the book, but I saw an excerpt and it was thrilling. I guess it would be an expository fiction that took a lot of digging in and investigation for actual facts and not alternatives. How did you go about this investigation and the sources of informations on the oil business in Niger Delta?.

• Aug 2, 2017 at 10:22 am

Research. Research and more research. That’s the only way an Author can make a credible story.

• Aug 2, 2017 at 11:29 am

Hello Lawrence, good to have you here. I can see in your bio that you are rounding off a long-distance learning novel-writing course in Stanford University.

How have you been able juggle writing, long distance learning and other responsibilities that take up your time?

Also how this course helped you improve as a writer?

Using your experience with writing this book, how should a writer go about writing about things or events he/she has never seen first-hand or experienced?

Finally, I am a budding writer and I have issues with finding time to write due to my regular work hours. What has worked for you and what do you think can help someone like me write more?

Looking to hear from you.

• Aug 2, 2017 at 11:59 am

Hello Miriam. Combining School with plenty of work in the office is really a challenge. But what makes it bearable is my deep love for writing fiction. So I made writing part of my relaxation. The hard part actually is researching for the workshops and stuff. It is a guided distance learning program so you have specifics to handle daily.
      As a writer the course has been an eye opener. More like exposing the mechanics of the process.
      I think you must have some level of first hand experience with any topic you want to write about. If it is going to make sense. You must immerse yourself in it to the point hat you practically regurgitate what’s inside you on the script.
      Anything short of that will be shallow.
      I create time in the midst of my regular work. My greatest assistance is a note book and my iPad. So I can capture ideas that fleet through as the day goes by. Maybe a face or attitude I can use later. My iPad I use whenever there’s a window. I hammer out a scene or two.

• Aug 2, 2017 at 1:42 pm

I have not seen the full book, but I have seen excerpts from it. You’re an amazing writer I must commend.

I want to know what inspired you to pen down such amazing heart thrilling book.

• Aug 2, 2017 at 3:04 pm

Edikan, thank you for the compliment. My motivation is simple. I love writing.
      Why I chose the Niger Delta as my first voyage? I guess because it has been on my mind for a long time. I have find thoughts of the area . Going back to times when these issues were not on he burner.
      I felt a compelling need to lean on it to.